|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Panner Cubes||1 Cup|
|Green or Red Capsicum||1|
|Maida / All purpose flour||1/4 Cup|
|Corn Flour||1/4 Cup|
|Red chilli Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking Powder (Optional)||a pinch|
|Onion||1 medium sized|
|Spring onions||1 bunch|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 teaspoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||2 teaspoon|
|Red chilli sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
- Wash and chop the capsicum into medium sized cubes
- Finely chop the onions and keep it ready
- Mix maida, corn flour, salt, red chilli powder and baking powder nicely. We can also sieve the flours with baking powder before mixing with chilli powder and salt. This is to ensure that the baking powder is mixed nicely with the flours
- Add water little by little and make it like an idli batter
- Take the paneer cubes and coat it nicely in the maida batter and marinate them for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, Heat oil in a pan for frying the paneer cubes. When the oil is hot enough, add coated paneer cubes one by one in the oil gently
- Allow the paneer cubes to deep fry in oil in both the sides
- Remove the crispy paneer cubes and place it in a paper towel to drain the excess oil. We can also shallow fry the paneer. But in my personal experience, I felt deep frying of panner has wonderful taste and crispy than the shallow fry. Repeat the steps above to fry all the paneer cubes. Now we are ready with the paneer. Lets do the base for this yummy crispy paneer.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped ginger fry for 10 seconds. Then add chopped ginger and fry for another 10 seconds.
- Now add chopped onions with a pinch of salt and fry them till they turn transparent.
- Add vertically slit green chillies along with red chilli powder and pepper powder and fry them for 10 seconds
- Now add soy souce, red chilli sauce and tomato sauce and mix well
- To this add cubed capsicum and keep it in medium flame and fry it till it becomes crispy
- Add fried and crispy paneer cubes to the pan and mix well
- Keep the flame in low and allow the paneer to blend nicely to the sauces and chillies
- Remove from flame and garnish with finely chopped spring onions and serve the spicy and crispy Chilli Paneer with ketchup. Slurp!!!