Kadai Paneer, another yummy variety of thick vegetarian gravy using Paneer. I always wonder the magic behind the nice aroma of the Kadai Paneer in Punjabi restaurants. I tried many different variations of kadai masala and finally VahrehVah's prepration turned out the perfect one. Thanks to Vahrehvah Sanjay for sharing such a wonderful restaurant style Kadai Paneer.
Kadai Masala Ingredients:
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Panner Cubes||1 Cup|
|Chopped Corainder Leaves||2 tablespoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 teaspoon|
Kadai Masala Ingredients:
|Coriander Seeds||1 tablespoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Fennel Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Kasoori Methi leaves||1 tablespoon|
- Chop the onions in cubes and also the capsicum in cubes and keep it aside
- Heat 2 cups of water and add tomatoes when the water starts to boil and switch off the flame. Remove from flame and close it with a lid. Within 5 minutes, we would be able to remove the skin of tomatoes.
- Remove the skin of tomatoes and allow it to cool off
- Grind the tomatoes in a mixer to get puree. Keep this aside
- Heat a pan and dry fry the kadai masala ingredients except kasoori methi leaves till we get nice aroma and also the ingredients turn light brown color. Finally add kasoori methi leaves and toss them and remove them from flame. Kasoori methi is added at last because they are very thin and easily get burnt till the other ingredients are fried. Thats the reason it is added at last.
- Grind the kadai masala ingredients in a mixer to a coarse powder. Take half quantity of the ground coarse powder separately. This is for garnishing
- Grind the rest of the coarse powder again for 2-3 pulse again and take this aside. This half of the coarse powder is used as base masala for the kadai paneer gravy
- Heat a pan and add butter to it
- Add the 2nd half of the kadai masala powder and keep the flame low and allow the masala to cook in butter for atleast 5 minutes while stirring it frequently.
- Add red chilli powder and garam masala powder to the cooked kadai masala powder and mix well and fry for a minute
- Now add onion and capsicum cubes to the pan and mix well.
- Allow the onion and capsicum to fry till the onions turn transparent and the capsicum is crispy. We can add a pinch of salt at this stage to cook the onions quickly
- Then add the tomato puree to the cooked onions along with salt. If you have used Indian ripe tomatoes, it would be more tangy and we can add some sugar to reduce the sourness
- Keep the flame in low and allow the tomatoes to cook till the raw smell of tomatoes goes off completely.
- We will get a nice flavor of kadai paneer at this stage and the gravy becomes thicker.
- Now add paneer cubes to the masala and mix well
- Keep the flame in low and allow the paneer to blend nicely in masala.
- Now its time for garnishing. Sprinkle the first ground coarse kadai masala over the kadai paneer.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame
- The scrumptious Kadai Paneer is ready to serve hot with Chapatis/ Rotis/ Naan. Enjoy your wonderful delight Kadai Paneer and let me know your comments...