Mini Adai is a yummy snack which my first Sambandhi used to make with Raw rice kurunai(Rice Rawa). This is similar to Thavala Adai but with some minor variation. Very cripsy and crunchy and a delicious snack for a nice evening. It is a little time consuming dish but the taste is wonderful. Instead of usual upma, this is a nice alternative to surprise the kids.
|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Raw Rice||1 Cup|
|Thur dal||1/4 Cup|
|Grated Coconut||1 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Take the raw rice, thurdal and pepper in a mixer
- Grind all of them to a coarse powder like a rawa. The powder should not be so smooth. Take this aside in a bowl.
- Heat a pan and add oil. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add chopped green chilli and curry leaves and fry for 20 seconds
- Add water, salt and grated coconut and allow the water to boil
- When the water starts to boil, add coarse adai flour and mix well with a spatula without forming lumps
- The adai mixture will become thick and doesn't stick to the pan