Paal Poli is nothing but small pooris soaked in a milk. You can also make this using Rawa. I give here the poli made using Maida. We make this for festivals. For avani avittal, it is a tradition to make Purana poli, but in this busy schedule life, many of us are not finding time to make purana poli, instead we can make Paal Poli which is simple but very delicious.
|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Kesar Powder||a pinch|
- Take the maida in a bowl and add salt and water and knead it to a thick dough like poori dough
- Make small balls of out of the dough and using a rolling pin, roll it to 4-5 inch diameter
- Now fold the rolled dough to make it like a half circle
- Again fold the poori to make a triangle shape. Repeat the process for the rest of the dough
- Heat oil/vanaspati in a heavy bottomed pan. Fry each rolled poli one by one and keep it in a tissue to avoid excess oil
- Repeat the process and fry all the pooris.
- Now in another heavy bottomed pan, boil the milk.
- When the milk starts to boil, add the sugar and stir well till it dissolves
- Now add caradmom powder, saffron threads, kesar powder and stir well
- To this add one fried pooris and dip it in milk.
- Let the pooris soak in milk atleast for 15 minutes. Do not soak too many pooris. Do it in batch.
- Keep the flame in low till you complete the dipping process for all the polis.
- Now the yummy Paal Poli is ready to serve hot. Take a bowl and add a poori and pour some milk and serve hot