Lemonade, a most delicious and soothing beverage to beat the heat of summer. Lemonade, tender coconut water, buttermilk are some of the frequently sought fluids during peak summer. After having a tiring day, a cup of lemonade served with ice cubes truly refreshes us. Preparing homemade lemonade is very simple and we can prepare in larger quantities and store it in refrigerator for a couple of days.
|Preparation time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||5 mins|
|Yield||2 litres Approx|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup*(Adjust to your taste)|
|Water||1.5 litres (Adjust to your taste)|
|Ice Cubes||1/2 cup|
* 1 Cup Capacity = 250ml
- Wash and dry the lemons. Take two lemons and using a grater, grate the outer skin thinly to get the lemon zest. Adding lemon zest while preparing sugar syrup gives a nice flavour and colour to our lemonade. But this is completely optional. Take a sauce pan and add a cup of water, sugar and lemon zest and stir it well till the sugar dissolves completely in the water. Remove the sugar syrup from flame and allow it to cool off.
- Meanwhile lets prepare the lemon juice. Cut 5 lemons into halves and squeeze it using a lemon squeezer or juicer. Strain the squeezed juice to remove its fiber and seeds and keep it ready
- Take a pitcher, add ice cubes. Then add cooled sugar syrup
- Next, add strained lemon juice and adjust the water level according to the sourness of the lemon
- Make small slices of the remaining 1 lemon and add it to have an extra flavour. Serve the yummy lemonade chilled