This recipe I learnt from my Andhra Friend. It is not the usual Cabbage Fry we do, as we are going to use coriander leaves paste which makes this cabbage fry so scrumptious. Normally cabbage gives an unpleasant odour when cooked. Many of us experience the unpleasant odour when we pack the cabbage for lunch and open it at the lunch time. But adding this coriander leaves paste the unpleasant odour goes off and the flavour and aroma of this fry would tempt us to have more and more.
|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 pinch|
*1 Cup = 250 ml
|Coriander Leaves||1 tablespoon|
|Chopped Ginger||1 teaspoon|
|Grated Coconut||1/4 Cup|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Soak the channa dal in water for 1 hour. Finely chop the cabbage. Add the chopped cabbage and channa dal to the sauce pan and add turmeric powder and salt along with a cup of water. Cover the pan with a lid and allow the cabbage and dal to cook
- Grind all the grinding ingredients to a nice paste. Heat oil in another pan, add mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add curry leaves and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add ground paste to the pan and saute it for 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile, check the other pan to see if the cabbage and dal are cooked.
- Add the cooked cabbage and channa dal to the the pan having ground coriander leave paste. Mix well and stir-fry the cabbage for another 2 minutes and then remove from flame
- The yummy Cabbage Fry is now ready to serve with rice