|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
|Tamarind||1 lemon size|
|Turmeric Powder||A Pinch|
|Channa dal||2 tablespoon|
|Grated Coconut||1/2 Cup|
|Coriander Seeds||2 tablespoon|
|Channa dal||1.5 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Cook the thurdhal in the pressure cooker till it is soft
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 mins and extract the juice
- Soak the channa dal for 10 mins in water. Finley chop the brinjal vertically and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan, add red chilli, coriander seeds, channa dal and fry till the dal turns golden brown color. Take this in a mixer. Add grated coconut along with hing and fry it till the coconut turns golden brown color and add this to the mixer
- Grind all these ingredients in the mixer to a nice paste.
- Add chopped brinjals in a pan and add soaked channa dal and water along with turmeric powder till the brinjal is cooked completely. Once the brinjal is half-cooked, add tamarind juice along with salt and allow the mixture to boil till the raw smell of tamarind goes off and the channa dal is cooked.
- Add the mashed thurdhal and ground paste and stir well and when the rasavangi starts to boil, remove from flame.
- Pour the oil in the pan, add the mustard seeds once the oil is hot. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter, add the urdhal and fry it till it becomes golden color. Add curry leaves and and fry it and add it to the cooked rasavangi.
- Kathirikai(Brinjal) Rasavangi is ready to serve.