Carrots are rich in Vitamin A. They are very good for our eye sight. But because of its sweetness, many kids doesn't like when we add carrots to dishes, they always try to escape. But if you wash and peel the carrots and give it to them, most of the kids love it. This is one of the simplest way to make carrot poriyal and this goes well with any kuzhambu / sambar or rice varieties.
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Recipe Cuisine||South Indian|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Grated Coconut||2 teaspoon|
|Split Urid Dal||1 teaspoon|
- Wash the carrots and peel the skin and chop them finely
- Set the chopped carrots aside. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add split urid dal and fry them till they are golden brown. Then add broken red chillies and saute for couple of seconds
- Add chopped carrots to the pan and give a good mix. Then add turmeric powder and salt and give a mix. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of water and cover the pan with a lid and allow the carrots to cook in medium flame.
- Occasionally stir in the carrots till they are nicely cooked and become soft and tender. When the water is fully absorbed and the carrots are cooked completely, add grated coconut and mix well
- Healthy and yummy Carrot Poriyal is now ready to serve!!!