Lemon Pickle is my all time favourite pickle. Got fresh limes from Indian store last night. Half of the limes, I made Sour Lime pickle and spicy lime pickle. We could also use lemon for this recipe. Its very simple to make and I always add only use less oil than the store bought lemon pickle still with proper refrigeration, the shelf life is very good. My kids love this spicy lemon pickle and they would love to eat more curd rice only because of this pickle :-). Lets see how to make this spicy Lemon Pickle..
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||5 mins|
|Recipe Cuisine||South Indian|
|Red Chilli Powder||50gms|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fenugreek Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Gingelly Oil||2 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Chop the lemon into slightly bigger pieces. Add the turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder to the chopped lemon and stir it well and keep it aside for 1 day. The next day again stir the contents and keep it aside
- In the pan, pour the oil and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the hing and fry for a second and add the seasoned items along with fenugreek powder to the lemon. Stir the lemon pieces frequently atleast twice a day for 4-5 days. After 6 days the mouth-watering lemon pickle will be ready and store it in a refrigerator
- Serve the spicy and tasty lemon pickle with curd rice and enjoy your dish.
- If we want to use the pickle immediately, fry the lemon pieces in the oil and then follow the above instructions
- For any pickle hing and fenugreek powder are more important.