|Whole wheat Butter Cookies Recipe|
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||45 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Whole Wheat Flour||2 Cups*|
|Butter**||1 Stick or 8 tablespoon|
|Baking Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Chilled Curd / Yogurt||3 tablepsoon|
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
- Take a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, sugar, Butter, cardamom powder and mix everything well till they look crumbled
- Then add yogurt, milk, baking powder and mix gently to make a dough. Do not knead it too hard. Just mix gently to make a dough.
- Cover the dough with a cling wrap or put a lid on the mixing bowl and keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, pre-heat the oven to 350degrees F or 170degrees C. Take out the dough out of the refrigerator and place it on parchment paper, dust it with flour and roll out the dough to 1/4" thick circle
- Using cookie cutter, cut the rolled dough into desired shapes. I have used heart shaped mould. Carefully take out the scrap between the heart shaped cookie dough pieces.Again knead the scrap of dough and roll it and cut it into desired shaped cookies
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the cookies and bake it in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. The cookies should change to light brown color and becomes little crispy.
- Take out the baked cookies and allow it to cool off completely. Store the cookies in air-tight container
- The crispy and tasty Wholewheat Butter Cookies are now ready to Serve!