Adai Aviyal is one of the famous tamil traditional protein rich breakfast dish. Aviyal goes very well with Adai. This Aviyal is little different from the Aviyal i make for the lunch. I add curd instead of tamarind here. Next time when you have any guest for the breakfast, try adai aviyal instead of conventional idly/dosa and I am sure they will appreciate this dish. You can also try this for an evening snack though its heavy.
|Preparation Time||1 hour|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Adai Aviyal, Adai Dosai|
|Raw Rice||1 Cup|
|Parboiled Rice||1 Cup|
|Channa Dal||1/2 Cup|
|Thur dal||1/4 Cup|
|Onion||1 big size|
- Soak the raw rice and parboiled rice together in water for 1 hour. Soak the dals in water for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, strain water from rice and grind it in a mixer along with red chillies.
- Grind the rice and chillies it to a nice paste.Take this into a vessel and keep it aside
- Now strain water from dals and add it to mixer
- Grind it twice or thrice and the ground dhal should not be smooth and it should be coarse
- Mix the grounded dhal mixture along with rice flour and stir it well along with required salt
- Now the adai flour is ready to make delicious adai
- Heat the thawa and pour 1 ladle of adai flour. Spread it evenly and pour 1 teaspoon of oil and keep the flame in low to make the adai cooked properly in one side
- Gently turn it to other side and allow it to cook completely.
Now the delicious crispy adai is ready to serve with Aviyal. We can also serve with Jaggery
|Pumpkin||1 small piece|
|Ash gourd||1 small piece|
|turmeric powder||1 teaspoon|
|Sour curd||1/2 Cup|
|Grated Cocunut||1/4 Cup|
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Cocunut Oil||1 teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
- Chop the vegetables length wise and soak it in water
- Add the chopped vegetables in a pan and add some water and turmeric powder. Allow the vegetables to cook completely and salt
- In a mixer, add coconut, green chilli, cumin seeds
- Grind them without adding any water
- When the vegetables are cooked completely, add the ground paste and mix it well
- Now add the sour curd and mix it properly
- Heat another pan and add coconut oil. When the oil is hot add curry leaves and remove from flame
- Add the seasoned ingredients to the aviyal and mix well and remove from flame
- The delicious Aviyal is ready to serve with Adai and hot rice.
(Visited 9,356 times, 6 visits today)