Avocado Pesto Pasta
a Pasta with the richness of healthy Avocado!
Avocado Basil Pesto Pasta, a delicious Vegetarian Pasta variety with the richness of Avocado and Basil. A very quick and easy to make Pasta. Other than cooking pasta, we don’t have to cook anything to prepare Pesto. This pasta would be a great party meal especially for kids. For my kids Birthday Parties, either I make Tomato-Basil Pasta or Simple Basil Pesto or enhance much more with Avocado.
Despite its creamy texture, an avocado is actually high in fiber with approximately 6-7 grams per half fruit. Eating foods with natural fiber can help prevent constipation, maintain a healthy digestive tract, and lower the risk of colon cancer. Avocados are brimming with healthy fat, which takes the body longer to digest and help keep you full and satisfied (so you’re less likely to snack!). Further, avocados are nutrient-packed with over 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients which is especially beneficial if you’re trying to cut calories and keep up with all the nutrition your body needs.
I usually make Guacamole with Avocado or a simple Avocado Salad regularly. Somehow my kids doesn’t like the creamy texture of the avocado. But since the avocados are very rich in multiple nutrients, I grind the avocado with basil and make this Avocado Pesto Pasta. The first time when I made, I didn’t explain the kids about avocado and they liked it very much, now I make it often. At least once a week, I make this pasta or Masala Pasta for their lunch box.
Recipe card to make Avocado Pesto Pasta
Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Heavy Bottomed Pan
- 1 pack spaghetti 16oz
- 2 nos Avocado
- ½ cup Basil Leaves
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1½ tsp Salt adjust to your taste
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dry Oregano For Seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning For Seasoning
- Cook the Pasta as per the instructions given in the package. Strain the water and set aside till we prepare the pesto
- Peel the skin and de-seed the avocado. Chop the avocado and take it to the mixer jar. Add basil leaves, garlic cloves, peppercorns, salt and lemon juice and grind it to a smooth paste
- Add olive oil and grind it to fine paste till the oil is completely incorporated. Now the Avocado Basil Pesto Ready!
- Now take the cooked Pasta in a mixing bowl. Add the avocado pesto to the pasta and gently mix / toss well so that the pesto is incorporated well with the pasta. Finally season it with Italian seasoning and oregano seasoning.
- Garnish with cooked Corn and chopped cherry tomatoes. Serve the delicious Avocado Pesto Pasta hot and enjoy the meal!