Basundi is my all time favourite dessert. Basundi is an Indian dessert mostly in Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Karnataka. It is a sweetened dense milk made by boiling milk on low heat until the milk is reduced by half. Basundi is the common dessert variety in most of the famous restaurants in chennai. Basundi is easy to prepare dish and it is very tasty and even the people who do not like to eat sweets, will love to eat this as it is very tempting.
|Milk||1 Litre(5 Cups)|
|Cardamom Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon juice(Optional)||2 teaspoon|
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan in a medium flame.
- Stir it continuously till the milk becomes thick and reduces approximately to 2 cups of milk.
- Now when the milk becomes thick, it becomes granular. If in case the milk is not granular by default, then remove the milk from flame and add lemon juice to make it granular.
- Again keep the granular milk in a medium flame and add sugar and stir it occasionally for 10 mins and then remove from flame.
- Transfer to a bowl and add cardamom powder and stir once.
- Garnish it with grated badam and saffron thread.
- The yummy basundi is ready to serve hot or keep it in refrigerator and serve cold.
Note : Add the sugar based on your need.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)