Occassionally I used to make different types of chutney for the break fast. One such chutney is a carrot chutney. Its healthy, colorful chutney which goes very well with idly/dosa. Instead of making conventional coconut chutney, we add enrich it with carrot and make the chutney healthier and nutritional rich chutney.
|Carrot||3 big size|
|Grated coconut||2 table spoon|
|Urad dal||2 table spoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Peel the carrot skin, chop it in cubes and keep it aside
- Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds and when mustard seeds begins to sputter remove from flame and take these seasoned ingredients in a serving bowl
- Heat the oil in pan, add red chilli and Urad dal and and fry it and keep it aside. Keep an eye on the red chilli.
- Add chopped carrot along with tamarind and asafoetida and fry it till it is cooked completely.
- When the heat of the fried ingredients begins to cool add these to the mixer along with the peanuts, grated coconut, salt and grind it to a nice paste
- Take these ground carrot chutney to the serving bowl having seasoned ingredients.
- The delicious carrot chutney is ready to serve with idly, dosa, chapati
(Visited 55 times, 3 visits today)