Carrots can be eaten in the variety of ways. The simplest way is raw as carrots are perfectly digestible without requiring cooking. Carrots are excellent for the eyes and it contains large quantities of vitamin A, in the form of beta carotene. It is also good for skin. It will improve the overall health of you and your child, and increase immunity. In fact, two carrots a day can increase your immunity by as much as 70%! Here is the recipe made of Carrot which can made easily and quickly and also very good for health.
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Recipe Cuisine||South Indian|
|Cooked Rice||1 Cup|
|Finely Chopped Onion||1 Cup|
|Grated Carrot||1 Cup|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Sambar Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||Few|
Ingredients for Seasoning:
|Oil / Ghee||2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Green Chili||1, Chopped|
|Split Urad dal||1 Teaspoon|
|Bengal Gram Dal||1 Teaspoon|
* 1 Cup = 250ml
- Peel the carrot skin and grate the same and keep it aside
- Chop the onions and green chilies finely and keep it aside
- Heat the oil/Ghee in the pan and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start to sputter, add cumin seeds, split urad dal, channa dhal and peanuts and fry until the dhal becomes golden brown color
- Now add the chopped curry leaves and green chili and fry for few seconds. Then add the chopped onions and fry it until the onion becomes transparent
- When the onions are sautéed , then add the grated carrot along with a pinch of turmeric, salt and sambar powder and fry them until the carrot is cooked completely. switch off the flame.
- Add the cooked rice and mix it gently without breaking rice. Finally garnish with coriander leaves!
- The yummy Carrot rice is ready to serve.
(Visited 1,051 times, 4 visits today)