Recently, I happen to see Cauliflower malligae recipe presented by Mr.Venkatesh Bhat in Vijay TV Kitchen Super star. Immediately I decided to make this wonderful dish. I tried this and the very first time itself, its a big hit. The taste is dainty. Generally I dont prefer cauliflower but this dish fascinated me to make more dishes using cauliflower. Cauliflower marinated with green paste fried in oil makes this dish so tasty. Let me explain the recipe now..
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Gobi / Cauliflower||1 small size|
|Mint leaves||1 handfull|
|Coriander leaves||1 handfull|
|Curry leaves||1 handfull|
|Gram Flour||1/4 Cup|
|Rice flour||1/4 Cup|
|Corn Flour||1/4 Cup|
- Cut the cauliflower into medium size florets and put it in water along with turmeric powder and keep it aside for 15 mins
- Meanwhile, take the mint leaves, coriander leaves and curry leaves and wash it thoroughly.
- Grind all these green leaves to a nice paste along with green chillies and garlic cloves
- After 15 minutes, take the cauliflower florets from the water and take it in a bowl. Add the ground paste and mix well along. Then add gram flour, rice flour and corn flour along with salt and mix all of them well to coat the cauliflower florets evenly. The flours are added to coat the green paste nicely in the florets and also while frying, these flours will give crispiness to the cauliflower florets
- Heat oil in pan for frying. When the oil is hot enough, gently drop the florets in and fry it in medium-high flame
- Gently turn the florets to fry evenly and till it becomes crisp
- The crispy and yummy cauliflower malligae is ready to serve. We take a pan, add broken green chillies and 1 teaspoon of curd and mix the fried cauliflower malligae and toss it and serve hot.
(Visited 797 times, 1 visits today)