Corn Flour Halwa Recipe | Karachi Halwa Recipe
Corn Flour Halwa, mostly referred to as Bombay Karachi Halwa, is a popular Indian Dessert. Generally most of the halwa varieties are complex and consumes more time and effort. But Karachi Halwa is one of the easiest and quickest halwa and it tastes so heavenly. All the Indian Sweet stalls sell this yummy sweet dish. Corn Flour Halwa (Karachi Halwa), a nutty halwa with transparent texture! Experience nuts in each bite of this halwa! An Instant sweet dish to surprise our family and friends. This halwa is a good option for Diwali too 🙂 This is one of the sweets that can be done within 15 minutes. So all get ready to try this easy and yummy sweet today itself!
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
|Corn Flour||1/2 Cup*|
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Yellow or Red Food color||a Pinch|
|Chopped Cashews & Almonds||2 tablespoon|
*1 cup = 250ml
- Take a tray or plate and grease it with little ghee and keep it ready. Take corn flour in a mixing bowl. To that add 1.5 cups of water
- Whisk well to have a smooth batter without any lumps. Heat a pan and add a teaspoon of ghee. Add broken cashews and almonds and fry them in ghee till the cashews turn golden brown color. Take this nuts and keep it aside
- Add sugar to the pan and add 1 cup of water. Let the sugar gets dissolved in water. Keep stirring in medium flame till the syrup becomes little thick and becomes sticky. No need for any string consistency. When the syrup gets sticky add the food color and mix well
- To this now add the corn flour batter little by little and keep stirring. Initially you can see some glossy texture here and there in the mixture. Keep stirring till the whole mixture turns glossy.
- Add ghee little by little and keep stirring till all the ghee has been absorbed and the mixture comes to a halwa consistency. The mixture should roll like a ball without sticking to the sides of the pan. Also if you take a teaspoon of the halwa mixture in a plate and allow it to cool off, you should be able to make a ball out of the halwa mixture. This is the right stage to remove the halwa from flame. If you are not able to roll the halwa mixture like a ball, then keep stirring in low flame until this consistency is reached. Once the proper consistency is reached, add the roasted cashews and almonds along with cardamom powder
- Mix the halwa well so that the nuts are combined well with the halwa. Remove the pan from flame. Pour the halwa mixture to the greased tray or vessel.
- Flatten the halwa mixture with back of a spatula. Allow the halwa to cool down for atleast an hour. Then make rectangular or diamond shaped pieces out of the halwa
- The yummy and nutty Corn Flour Halwa is now ready to serve!
|Corn Flour Halwa Recipe | Karachi Halwa Recipe|
(Visited 2,585 times, 1 visits today)