Dal fry is one of the delicious side dish for chapati. It is a good side dish even for veg pulo/fried rice. A best choice for any partys where even the children like to have this.
|Moong dal||1 Cup|
|Red Chili Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Corainder Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped Ginger||2 teaspoon|
- Soak the moong dal in water for 4 hours. Drain the water after 4 hours and add chopped ginger and pressure cook the dal with a pinch of turmeric and allow for 3 whistles.
- After the dal is cooked, take it in a bowl and smash the dal finely and keep it aside
- Extract the lemon juice and keep it aside
- Finely chop the onion and keep it aside
- Chop the tomatoes to square size pieces and keep it aside
- Heat the oil in the pan, add cumin seeds, when the cumin seeds starts to sputter, add chopped onion
- Fry for a while till the onion turns transparent
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry for sometime till it is cooked
- Now add garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and salt and mix well
- To this add smashed dal and add water to make a proper consistency
- When the dal starts to boil, remove from flame and add the lemon juice
- Garnish with coriander leaves. The yummy dal fry is ready for serving with Roti/Chapati/rice.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)