Eriseri is a wonderful and traditional Kerala dish using senai / yam. It is very delicious with good flavour of pepper and coconut. We an serve this with Puliserry(Mor Kuzhambu) or Sambar.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
Ingredients For Grinding:
|Grated Coconut||1/2 Cup|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients For Seasoning:
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Grated Coconut||1 tablespoon|
- Chop the senaikizhangu and keep it aside
- Pour the oil in the pan and add the red chilli and pepper and fry for sometime and then grind it to a powder in a mixer
- Add the ground powder to the senai and add salt and turmeric powder and cook it till soft in pressure cooker
- Allow for 2-3 whistles in cooker and then take the cooked senai and keep it in flame . Grind separately the cumin seeds and grated cocunut and grid it to fine paste
- Add the ground paste to the cooked senai and allow the mixture to boil
- In a separate pan pour the oil and add the mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the grated cocunut and fry it till it becomes red color.
- Add the senai mixture to this above seasoned ingredients.
- The delicious Eriseri is ready to serve.