Kadalai Paruppu Purana Kozhukattai(Channa dhal Poorana Kozhukattai)
Kadalai Paruppu Purana kozhukattai is another mouth-watering recipe and specially made on the auspicious day of Vinayaka Chaturti(Ganesh Chaturti). This is also a simple and tasty neivedhyam dish for Lord Ganesh. One we prepare the kozhukattai mavu outer cover, we can just make different varieties of puranam and then easily make scrumptious varieties of kozhukattai. Try this variety and share your comments!
|Preparation Time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||40 mins|
Ingredients for Puranam
|Channa Dal / Bengal Gram Dal||1/2 Cup*|
|Grated Jaggery||3/4 Cup|
|Chopped / Grated Coconut||2 tablespoon|
|Cardamom Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
* 1 Cup Capacity = 250ml
- For Ingredients and Method of preparation of Kozhukattai outercover, click here
- Add the channa dhal in the pan and fry for sometime.
- Cook the above fried channa dhal in the pressure cooker and allow it to cook for 3 whistles.Strain the excess water from the cooked channa dhal
- Add the channa dal along with cardamom and coconut and grind the channa dal nicely smooth.
- Add grated jaggery in a pan and some water to dissolve the jaggery. Once the jaggery juice starts thicker, add the grated coconut and ground channa dhal powder and mix it well and then take it from flame. Fry the cashew in the ghee and then add it in the channa dhal mixture.
- Make small lemon sized balls out of the filling and keep it ready
- Prepare the outer cover (kozhakattai mavu) using the following link. Click Here.
- Take some oil in a bowl and take little oil in hand and then take little rice flour ball and make it like a cup and then in the middle of it add the sesame seeds pooranam ball and then close the flour and keep it aside. Repeat the same for rest of the flour and pooranam
- Steam cook all these kozhukattai in a Idli plate in the cooker for 5 mins
- The yummy kadalai paruppu poorana kozhukkati is ready for Neivedhyam on the auspicious occassion of Vinayaka Chaturti and then server it hot.
|Kadalai Paruppu Purana Kozhukattai(Channa dhal Poorana Kozhukattai)|
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)