Kara Chutney, a famous chutney in Chettinad Cuisine. A perfect accompaniment for Idli / Dosa / Oothappam. A delightful side dish for spice lovers.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||10 mins|
|Tamarind||1 small pinch|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
- Heat a tawa, add oil and when the oil is hot, add red chillies and tamarind and saute them for a minute. Take them in the mixer.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic clovers to the pan along with a pinch of salt and saute them for 2 minutes. Then add chopped tomatoes and saute them for another 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Then switch off the flame and allow them to cool off. Then take the sauted ingredients to the mixer and add salt and grind it to a nice paste
- Heat another pan, and add oil. Add the mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add curry leaves, and remove from flame
- Add the seasoned ingredients to the ground chutney and mix well
- Serve the yummy Kara Chutney with Idli and Dosa.
(Visited 1,265 times, 4 visits today)