Karasev, a scrumptious spicy snack for Diwali. Little karasev with hot ginger Tea, a delightful evening snack.Why not try to do this for this Diwali? Pepper and garlic flavoured Karasev is a popular South Indian Snack. Even for making mixture, we add karasev. This is one of the simplest and easiest snack.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Gram Flour||2.5 Cups|
|Rice flour||1 Cup|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
- Take the gram flour and rice flour in a big bowl.
- In a mixer, grind the pepper to a coarse powder. It should not be grind it to a nice powder
- Add the ground pepper along with butter, red chilli powder, hing and salt
- Mix all the ingredients nicely with the hand
- Add water little by little and mix the ingredients to get a hard and tough dough
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan. We can check the heat of the oil by adding a little dough and if it raises immediately, then the oil is ready for frying
- Take a carrot grater and take small quantity of dough and rub it. The carrot grater should have a big holes, if not we can use the traditional press and mould
- If we use the traditional press and thenkuzhal mould, then we can add little more water to the dough and knead it nicely. Fill the press with the dough and press it in hot oil. We should not squeeze the dough continuously. So we can get smaller pieces of karasev
- Allow the karasev to cook in the oil. Keep the flame in medium low.
- Gently stir the karasev and allow it to cook till the bubbles stops. Remove the karasev from flame and place it in a bowl on a tissue to drain excess oil. The yummy Karasev is ready to serve.
(Visited 3,630 times, 1 visits today)