Kozhukattai Mavu Outer Cover Preparation Method II
This is another method to prepare kozhukattai mavu. Instead of using dry rice flour, we can make a batter out of the soaked rice and then cook the batter to make a dough. This method is quite simple and we don’t need to worry about the ratio of flour and water. Even if the batter is very thin, cooking the batter eventually make it like a dough. Some of the beginners find it difficult to work with water and rice flour. So, they can follow this method to make the Kozhukattai Mavu Outer cover. Hope this helps!
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||1 hour|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Recipe Cuisine||South Indian|
|Raw Rice||1 Cup*|
|Gingelly Oil||2 Tablespoon|
* 1 Cup = 250ml
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 1 hour. After 1 hour, drain the water and take it to mixer jar
- Grind the rice to a smooth paste by adding water. Even if the batter is thin, we don’t need to worry as we are going to cook the batter till it becomes like a dough. So no need to panic. If the batter is thin, then it will take more time to become thick like a dough while we cook. Heat a pan and add the batter.
- Add milk, gingelly oil and a pinch of salt and keep stirring the batter continuously.
- The batter will start becoming thick and eventually all the moisture will be absorbed and the batter will become like a dough. Switch off the flame and allow the dough to cool off and then add 1 tablespoon of oil and knead it well for couple of minutes and cover the dough with a damp cloth and set it aside
- When the filling is ready, remove the damp cloth from the dough. Grease your hands with oil and take small quantity of dough roll into a ball. Press in the middle and start shaping it like a cup.
- The dough cup is now ready! We can place the filling and close it like a modak.
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)