Kummayam is one of the neivedhyam dishes for Aadi Friday or Aadi Tuesday. Most of us generally make payasam as a neivedhyam for Aadi Friday / Tuesday. It is a very tasty dish prepared with green mong dal, urid dal, rice and jaggery. This dish is very simple and very scrumptious to make. Lets plan to make this yummy Kummayam as a neivedhyam for this Aadi Friday / Tuesday for Goddess Parvati and get her blessings.
Preparation and Yield:
|Preparation time||5 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Recipe Category||Sweet Varieties|
|Recipe Cuisine||South Indian|
|Green Moong Dal||1/2 Cup|
|Urid Dal||1 tablespoon|
|Raw Rice||2 tablespoon|
|Grated Jaggery||1 Cup|
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
- Heat a pan and dry fry green moong dal till it turns slight brown in color. Take the fried green moong to the mixer. Then add the urid dal to the pan and dry fry the urid dal till it turns slight brown. Add the urid dal to the mixer
- Finally, add rice to the pan and fry the rice till they are slight brown color. Add the fried rice also to the mixer.
- Allow the fried ingredients to cool off and then grind them to a nice and smooth powder. Pass the ground kummayam podi through a nice sieve and get rid of the lumps to have a smooth kummayam podi.
- In a small sauce pan add grated jaggery and add water to soak the jaggery and keep it in flame and allow the jaggery to dissolve completely. When the jaggery is dissolved, switch off the flame and set the jaggery syrup aside. In a pan, add half of the ghee and add the kummayam podi and fry the podi in ghee in low flame for 3-4 minutes. You would get a nice aroma
- Then add the jaggery syrup and mix everything well till the whole mixture becomes thick. Add remaining ghee and mix well and when the mixture becomes a one whole mass, then remove from flame
- Kummayam is now ready to serve. We can also put the mixture in a ghee greased plate and spread it evenly with a flat spatula and then cut them into pieces and serve them
- Yummy Kummayam is now ready for neivedhyam!
(Visited 790 times, 1 visits today)