Mambazha payasam (Mango Kheer)
Mambazha payasam (Mango Gheer) is one of my favourite payasam. The main ingredients for Mambazha payasam (Mango Kheer)are Mango and jaggery along with coconut milk. Most of us love to eat Ripe mangoes and i have tried to make gheer using these mangoes which i believe everyone will love to have.
|Ripe Mango(Medium Size)||2|
|Grated Cocunut||1 Cup|
|Moong dhal||2 tablespoon|
|Raw Rice||5 tablespoon|
|Grated Jaggery||1 Cup|
|Cardamom Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut bits||4 teaspoon|
- Grind the grated cocunut with 1/4 cup of water and squeeze the milk from it and keep it aside – This is the squeezed milk number 1 which would be little thick.
- Again add 1/4 cup of water to cocunut and grind it and squeeze the milk from it and keep it aside in a separate vessel. – This is squeezed milk number 2. Do not mix up the first and second squeezed milks together.
- Finely chop the mangoes after peeling the skin and grind the chopped mangoes in a mixer.
- Dry fry the moongdhal till it becomes red colour
- Mix the fried moong dhal and rice and add required water and pressure cook it.
- Melt jaggery in water and remove scum. Add the cooked rice, and dhal mixture with jaggery. Add 1 cup of water.
- Let the jaggery boils well till its raw smell goes off.
- To this add the mango pulp and allow the mixture to boil.
- When the rawsmell of jaggery goes away, add the squeezed cocunut milk number 2 to the rice mixture and let it boil for a minute. When the mixture starts to bubble, add the squeezed cocunut milk number 1 and cardamom powder and switch off the flame.
- Heat a pan, add little ghee and add coconut bits and fry till it turns golden brown color. Add the fried coconut bits to Mambazha payasam (Mango Gheer).
- Now the Delicious Mambazha payasam (Mango Gheer)is ready for serving