Mohanthal Recipe | Instant Mohanthal Recipe
Mohanthal is a traditional and common Gujarati Snack. Traditionally, this yummy sweet is prepared using khoya which is obviously time consuming. I have given here the condensed milk version which is very instant and within minutes, we could have tastier mohanthal ready in our house. If there are unplanned guests, this is one of the instant sweet we could always think of as we would be having all the required ingredients readily available in our homes.
Preparation and Yield:
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
|Gram Flour / Besan||1.5 Cups*|
|Sweetened Condensed Milk||1/2 Cup|
|Chopped Almonds||1 tablespoon|
|Chopped Pistachios||1 tablespoon|
* 1 cup = 250 ml
|Mohanthal Recipe | Instant Mohanthal Recipe|
- Grease a plate or container with little ghee and keep it ready.
- Take the gram flour in a mixing bowl and add milk and mix well to crumble the gram flour. Heat ghee in a pan and add gram flour to it and mix well
- Keep frying the gram flour till the colour changes to brown. Next, add the condensed milk and keep stirring
- The besan and the condensed milk starts to incorporate and becomes a thick mixture. Keep stirring, till the mixture is frothy and starts to roll like a ball without sticking to the sides of the pan. Remove the pan from flame and add the mohanthal mixture to greased plate or container. Sprinkle the chopped almonds and pistachios and pat it with back of a spatula and level the top layer
- Allow the mohanthal to cool off fully. Then gently make pieces and carefully remove the mohanthal pieces from container / plate
- Yummy and tasty Mohanthal is now ready to taste!
(Visited 7,040 times, 11 visits today)