Moongdal Payasam(Payatham Paruppu Pradhaman)
Moongdal Payasam(Payatham Paruppu Pradhaman) is a tasty dish and a traditional neivedhyam for most of the hindu festivals
|Moong dal||1 Cup|
|Javvarisi (Sago)||2 teaspoon|
|Grated Jaggery||2 Cup|
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
- Take 1 piece of coconut and slice it to fine pieces and keep it aside.
- Grate the coconut and grind it by adding 1 cup of water. Squeeze the ground coconut to extract the milk and keep it aside.
- Again add 1 cup of water and grind it to a paste. Squeeze the ground coconut to extract the milk and keep it aside in another bowl
- Dry fry the moong dal till it turns golden brown color. Pressure cook the moong dal and javvarasi and take it aside
- Smash the dal and javvarasi nicely
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan, add the smashed dal along with grated jaggeryBoil the smashed dal and jaggery for 10 minutes
- Now add the 2nd coconut milk and stir it well.
- When the milk begins to boil, add the 1st coconut milk and switch off the flame.
- In a separate pan, add ghee and when the ghee becomes hot, add broken cashews, and slashed coconut pieces
- Add cardamom powder and fry for a while. When the cashews turns golden brown color, add these to the payasam
- Now the mouth-watering Moongdal Payasam(Payatham Paruppu Pradhaman) is ready to serve.
(Visited 2,324 times, 2 visits today)