Oats Kichadi is another healthy recipe with Oats and vegetables. Generally oats porridge is consumed by many of us. Instead of regular Oats porridge, we could try different Oats dishes which would encourage us to use more Oats regularly.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Potato||1 small size|
|Green Chillies/Red chilli *||2|
* You can use either red or green chilli. In this presentation below, I have used red chillies
|Mustard Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Split Urid dal||1/2 teaspoon|
|Channa dal||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ghee/cooking oil||1 tablespoon|
- Wash and finely chop all the vegetables and onions and keep it aside. Soak the chopped vegetables except onion in water to avoid de-oxidation.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the oats till we get a nice aroma and the oats has changed the color to light brown color. Take the roasted oats separately. Add a spoon of ghee and fry the broken cashews and fry them till they turn golden brown color. Take the roasted cashews in a separate plate
- Heat oil or ghee and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add split urid dal, channa dal and broken red chilli and fry them in medium flame till the dals turn to golden brown color. Then add onions and curry leaves along with a pinch of salt and saute the onions till they turn transparent
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes and saute them in medium flame till they are cooked. Then add chopped vegetables and pinch of Turmeric and saute them for a minute. Sprinkle some water (two tablespoon) for the vegetables and cook them.
- After the vegetables are cooked, add 2 cups of water and salt and allow the water to boil. When the water starts to boil, add the oats little by little and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Keep the flame in low and close the pan with a lid and allow the oats to cook completely. This will take only 3-5 minutes. By the time, the oats would have been cooked and the kichadi would be looking good like our traditional rawa kichadi. Remove the oats kichadi from flame
- The yummy Oats Kichadi is ready to serve with any chutney varieties
(Visited 369 times, 1 visits today)