Paneer Kathi Roll | Paneer Wrap
Savor the Flavors of India with Irresistible Paneer Kathi Roll
Introducing our mouthwatering Paneer Kathi Roll recipe! A delightful blend of soft, marinated paneer and a medley of vibrant spices, all wrapped in a warm and flaky paratha. This classic Indian street food favorite is not only a treat for the taste buds but also a quick and wholesome meal that you can prepare in no time. Join us on a culinary journey as we guide you through the steps to create this flavorful and satisfying Paneer Kathi Roll. Whether you’re a fan of vegetarian delights or looking to explore the world of Indian fusion cuisine, this recipe is a must-try for your next meal.
How to make Paneer Kathi Roll ?
To prepare this delightful Paneer Kathi Roll, let’s start by making the Roti, which can be prepared just as you normally would and set aside. Next, we’ll focus on creating the flavorful paneer masala. Once both the Roti and masala are ready, we’ll move on to crafting the delectable spread.
Many of us often have coriander-mint chutney readily available in our refrigerator. For those who don’t, you can easily make it by blending a bunch of fresh coriander leaves, a bunch of mint leaves, along with some green chili, ginger, a pinch of salt, and a touch of sugar. This homemade paste can be refrigerated and kept for a week or even longer. It serves as a versatile spread for not only Roti but also sandwiches. I always keep some on hand for wrapping or making sandwiches. However, please note that using this spread is optional. If you prefer, you can simply apply ghee and add the stuffing. Additionally, cream cheese, such as Jalapeño cream cheese, is also a fantastic alternative. My kids particularly enjoy it, and sometimes I’ll use it when I’m out of Green Chutney.
With the spread prepared, it’s time to assemble your Paneer Kathi Roll. Take each Roti, generously spread it with the prepared mixture, then place the filling in the center. Fold the edges together and secure them with a toothpick. Serve up these delightful Paneer Kathi Rolls and enjoy!
Tips to make perfect Paneer Kathi Roll
- Paneer Preparation: Use fresh and firm paneer. You can marinate the paneer with yogurt and spices for extra flavor and tenderness.
- Roti Quality: Make sure your rotis are soft and pliable. If making them at home, keep them warm and fresh to prevent them from becoming dry and brittle.
- Fillings: Don’t overstuff the roll; it should be easy to fold and eat. The paneer masala should be warm when assembling the roll.
- Sealing: When folding the roll, ensure it’s tightly sealed. You can use a toothpick or wrap it in parchment paper to keep it secure.
- Texture Variety: Add some fresh, crunchy vegetables like onions, bell peppers, or lettuce for contrasting textures.
- Fresh Chutney: If you’re making the chutney at home, use fresh ingredients for the best flavor. Store-bought chutney can also work well.
Recipe card to make Paneer Kathi Roll
Paneer Kathi Roll | Paneer Wrap
- Mixing Bowl
- Heavy Bottomed Pan
- 6 nos. Roti
- 250 grams Paneer
- ¼ cup Curd (Plain Yogurt)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Chutney (store bought / home made)
- 1 nos Onion finely chopped
- 1 nos Tomato finely chopped
- ½ nos Green Capsicum finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Salt Adjust as needed
- 1 tbsp Dry Kasoori Methi
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
Preparing Paneer Masala
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add one teaspoon of cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Next, incorporate one finely chopped onion and sauté it until it becomes translucent.
- Afterward, introduce one chopped tomato and half a green capsicum into the pan. Additionally, include one tablespoon of coriander powder, one teaspoon of red chili powder, and half a teaspoon of garam masala, along with one teaspoon of salt (adjust to your preference). Continue to stir-fry over medium heat until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now, add the cubed paneer and gently combine all the ingredients. Sprinkle some kasoori methi and give it a final mix. Let it simmer on low heat for another 3-5 minutes, then turn off the flame. Your delicious Paneer Masala is ready!
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt and mint-coriander chutney, and mix them thoroughly. Set this mixture aside; it will be used as a spread for your Paneer Kathi Roll.
- Take each roti and generously spread the yogurt (curd) and chutney mixture, which we prepared earlier. Then, in the center of each roti, place the Paneer Masala filling.
- Fold the left and right sides of the roti over the filling, covering it completely, and seal the wrap using a toothpick. Repeat this process for the remaining rotis.
- Serve the delectable Paneer Kathi Roll alongside some yogurt, pickle, or chutney, and savor a wholesome and satisfying meal!