Pidi Kozhukattai is a traditional neivedhyam dish we do for Vinayakar Chaturti. Very simple to make and yet delicious. I used to concoct Pidi kozhukattai along with Thengai Purna kozhukatai as neivedhyam for Lord Vinayaka on Vinayaka Chaturti.
Detailed Video Version
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Rice flour||1 Cup|
|Cardamom Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Grated Coconut||1 tablespoon|
- Heat the pan and fry the rice flour till it becomes red color and keep it aside
- Dry fry the moong dhal in pan till it gives a good aroma
- Add water to cook the dhal and allow it to cook for 5 mins
- Meanwhile in another pan add jaggery with 2 cups of water and allow the jaggery to melt completely
- When the dal is cooked, strain the jaggery juice and stir it well and bring the jaggery juice to boil
- Now add the roasted rice flour and mix it evenly. At last add cardamom powder, grated cocunut and mix it well
- Allow the mixture to cool and then make small balls (its not actually a ball, check the picture) out of the mixture and steam cook the balls by placing it in a idli plate and keep it in pressure cooker for 5 mins
- Now the mouth-watering Pidi Kozhukattai is ready for neivedhyam and also for serving.