Pomegranate Juice is a tart but very tasty drink. Its a healthy juice especially very good for heart health. It’s remarkably rich in antioxidants. There are many variations in making the Pomegranate Juice, but I have given below the recipe of extracting clear Juice from Pomegranate and with no added water or Sugar. If you prefer the diluted juice, then you can add more water and sugar. I also given below one of the easy method of de-seeding a pomegranate. Follow the simple instructions below and enjoy the tasty juice of Pomegranate!
Preparation time and Yield :
|De-Seeding the Pomegranate||5 mins|
|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Yield||1 Large glass (250 ml)|
De-seeding a Pomegranate
Pomegranate Juice Stains !. Please make sure that you take necessary care while cutting/making Pomegranate juice. Also it will cause stains on the cutting board. I have immediately cleaned my wooden chopping board with Vinegar to remove the pink stains.
- Take the sharp knife and slit 1/2 inch at the top of the pomegranate (where you can see the blossom (crown)), creating a circle. Don’t put the knife too deep, so that we don’t cause damage to the seeds. Pull the crown and you can see the inner seeds.
- You can notice three white pith lines.. Use your knife to cut along those pith from top of the fruit to bottom. Pull the fruit gently, you will get three large cross section of the fruit.
- Fill the water in the bowl to submerge the Pomegranate in the water. Start separating the seeds. The seeds will settle in the bottom of the bowl. The Pith will raise and float in the top.
- Use a colander to remove the floating particles. The seeds are settled in the bottom of the bowl. Finally pass through the seeds in the colander to drain the water. Now the seeds are ready for extracting the juice.
Extracting the Juice
- Take the seeds to the Mixer/Blender. Give few pulses just to break the seeds and to extract the juice from the seeds. Don’t grind it for too long as the seeds will completely get mashed and it will create a cloudy juice.
- Filter the juice through a fine strainer to strain the pomegranate juices. Use the back of the spoon to push against the pomegranate pulp to get the maximum juice out of the pulp.
- Pomegranate Juice is ready to serve.
Serve Chilled and enjoy the Pomegranate Juice !
(Visited 255 times, 1 visits today)