Pulimilagai as its name suggest, its a green chilli paste in the tamarind water. Its very spicy and go very well with dosa and curd rice. I love this to have this with curd rice.
Gingelly Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Hing – a pinch
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes
- Extract the tamarind juice and keep it aside
- Chop the green chillies.
- Pour some oil in pan and add the chopped green chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Take the fried green chillies in a mixer and grind the chillies in mixer to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- In the pan pour the tamarind extract and add salt. Let the mixture boils for sometime till the tamarind raw smell goes off.
- Now add the ground paste and let the mixture boils and becomes a thick consistency.
- While boiling add the grated jaggery which reduce the sour and spice. Then switch off the flame.
- In a separate pan, pour the oil and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the hing and fry for some time and add these to the pulimilagai
- Now the mouth-watering Pulimilagai is ready to serve with idly and dosa
(Visited 421 times, 2 visits today)