Rasavangi is a stew made using Pumpkin / Brinjal. This can be taken along with the white rice or as a side dish.
|White pumpkin||1/4 Kg|
|Tamarind||1 lemon size|
|Turmeric Powder||A Pinch|
|Channa dal||2 tablespoon|
Ingredients for Grinding:
|Grated Coconut||1/2 Cup|
|Coriander Seeds||2 tablespoon|
|Channa dal||1.5 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
- Cook the thurdhal in the pressure cooker till it is soft
- Soak the channa dal for 10 mins in water.
- Smash the cooked thurdal and keep it aside.
- Chop the pumpkin into small squares and keep it aside.
- Extract the tamarind juice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan and add red chilli and fry for a while. Make sure that the chilli don’t get burnt. Take this in a mixer
- Now add coriander seeds, channa dal and fry till the dal turns golden brown color. Take this in a mixer along with the red chilli.
- Add grated coconut along with hing and fry it till the coconut turns golden brown color and add this to the mixer
- Grind all these ingredients (fried items so far) in the mixer to a nice powder.
- Add chopped Pumpkin in a pan and add water along with salt and turmeric powder till the pumpkin is cooked completely.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, add tamarind juice and soaked channa dal and allow the mixture to boil till the raw smell of tamarind goes off and the channa dal is cooked.
- Add the smashed thurdhal and cooked channa dal and ground powder and stir well and when the rasavangi starts to boil, remove from flame.
(Visited 139 times, 2 visits today)