Radish Kootu (Mullangi Kootu) – Method 2
Mullangi is very good for health. Especially it cures cold. I have published already a Radish Kootu. This is yet another method of preparing radish kootu(mullangi kootu)
|Coriander seeds||2 teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Gram Dal||2 teaspoon|
|Grated Coconut||2 Teaspoon|
|Moong dal||2 tablespoon|
- Peel the radish(Mullangi) skin and wash the the same in the water. Then chop it to smaller pieces and keep it aside
- Pressure cook moong dal, groundnut and radish with turmeric powder and salt.
- Smash the cooked dal and keep it aside
- Heat some oil in pan, add red chilli, gram dal, coriander seeds and fry till the gram dal changes to golden brown color. Remove from flame and add it to mixer
- Add grated coconut to the mixer and grind it to a nice paste.
- Heat some oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add urdal and fry till it turns golden brown color
- To this add broken curry leaves and cooked chopped radish and cooked groundnut and mix well
- Add the smashed dal and ground coconut paste and allow the mixture to boil
- Add water if necessary to make it to a kootu consistency
- When the kootu starts to boil, remove from flame.
- The yummy radish kootu is ready to serve with sambar
You might also want to try the different version of Radish Kootu using another method
|Radish Kootu (Mullangi Kootu)|