Rawa Appam (Sooji Appam)
Rawa Appam as its name suggest is made using Rawa. We are adding sugar in the Rawa appam instead of Jaggery as we add in the conventional appam. You just need to soak the rawa in water for about 1 hour and make the doguh by grinding it. Once the dough is ready, you can finish making the appam in 15-20 mins. Instead of the conventional appam, you can try making this once, and i am sure, this is also liked by all.
Preparation Time : 1 hour Cooking Time : 20 mins Servings : 25
|Rawa||1 Cup and 1 handfull|
|Grated Coconut(Optional)||2 tablespoon|
|Kesari powder||a pinch|
|Cardamom Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
- Soak the rawa in water for 1 hour. After 1 hour drain the water and add the rawa in a mixer.
- Add banana, sugar and grated coconut in the mixer along with rawa and grind it to a nice paste. Do not add more water. The ground appam flour should be like dosa flour consistency.
- Add cardamom powder, kesar powder to the ground flour and mix well
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or in a paniyaram/appam pan.
- When the oil is hot, take 1 small ladle of ground appam flour, pour it directly in the hot oil.
- Let the appam fry for a while and then when it turns golden brown color, remove the appam from the oil, and place it in a paper towel to drain excess oil
- Repeat the above steps for the rest of the flour
(Visited 455 times, 1 visits today)