Seesame Seeds Poorana Kozhukattai(Yellu Poorana Kozhukattai)
Sesame seeds poorana kozhukattai(Yellu poorana kozhukattai) is a delicious recipe and specially made on the auspicious day of Vinayaka Chaturti(Ganesh Chaturti). This is another traditional dish we do for neivedhyam for Lord Ganesha along with Thengai Purna kozhukattai and Ulundhu kozhukattai. This is so simple to make and tastes yummy. Especially black Sesame Seedsare particularly rich in iron, so they’re highly recommended for those with anemia and weakness. So even if you are not doing this dish for neivedhyam, we can make this filling alone and have it if we have anemia or weakness. Black sesame seeds combined with jaggery is a tasty and iron rich filling.Lets see how to make kozhukattai with this healthy filling.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Puranam
|Black Sesame Seeds||1 Cup*|
|Grated Jaggery||1/2 Cup|
|Chopped / Grated Coconut||2 tablespoon|
|Cardamom Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
* 1 Cup Capacity = 250ml
- Soak the black sesame seeds in water for 10 mins and then take it out and add it to a pan and keep the pan in the flame. Fry the sesame seeds in a pan.
- When it starts to sputter remove it from flame and then take it in a mixer. Grind the sesame seeds in the mixer and again add the jaggery, cardamom powder, chopped coconut to the mixer
- Grind it for a while and then take the mixture in a bowl. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews till they turn golden brown color.
- Add the roasted cashews to the puranam. Make small balls out of this mixture and keep it in a plate. Now our filling (Sesame Seeds Pooranam) is ready.
- Prepare the outer cover (kozhakattai mavu) using the following link. Click Here.
- Take some oil in a bowl and take little oil in hand and then take little rice flour ball and make it like a cup and then in the middle of it add the sesame seeds pooranam ball and then close the flour and keep it aside. Repeat the same for rest of the flour and pooranam
- Steam cook all these kozhukattai in a Idli plate in the cooker for 5 mins
- The mouth-watering sesame seeds poorana kozhukkati is ready for Neivedhyam on the auspicious occasion of Vinayaka Chaturti and then server it hot.
|Seesame Seeds Poorana Kozhukattai(Yellu Poorana Kozhukattai)|
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)