Semiya idly is another variety of idly which is a little time consuming yet very delicious to consume. The preparation is much similar to rawa idly and taste will be very yummy.
2 table spoon
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the one table spoon of ghee and fry the cashew nuts in it and keep the fried cashews separately.
- Add mustard seeds in the same pan and when the mustard seeds starts to sputter add broken green chillies and fry for a minute and add this to the fried cashew and keep the mixture separately.
- Add one more table spoon of ghee in the pan. Now add semiya in the same pan and fry it until it turns golden red colour
- Take this fried semiya in a separate vessel and add the sour curd and salt and mix it well
- Add little water to make a thick consistency
- Add the fried cashew and seasoned ingredients to the same mixture.
- Keep the mixture for 5-10 minutes and add 1 ladle of semiya idly flour into the idly plates and pressure cook it.
- Cooking will take some time more than the normal idly
- Take the cooked idly and serve it with coconut chutney and sambar
(Visited 438 times, 1 visits today)