Taro Root Roast (Seppenkizhangu Roast)
Taro Root(Seppenkizhangu) is a root vegetable. It is used as a side dish or an ingredient in sambar. This is a roast recipe liked by many children. Try this and let me know your comments!!!
|Taro root(Seppenkizhangu)||1/2 kg|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Rice flour||2 teaspoon|
|Gram flour||2 teaspoon|
|Oil||1 1/2 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Urdhal||1 1/2 teaspoon|
- Clean the taro root(Seppenkizhangu) and pressure cook it.
- Take the cooked taro root(Seppenkizhangu) and remove the skin and chop each into 2 or 3 pieces
- Mix the rice flour, gram flour, red chilli powder, hing, salt and mix in a pan. Add the chopped taro root(Seppenkizhangu) with the mixture and mix it well using wooden slotted spoon so that the cooked and chopped taro root(Seppenkizhangu) does not get smashed
- Heat a pan and add oil. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add urdhal and when the dal becomes golden brown color add the mixed taro root(Seppenkizhangu) and keep it in low flame and allow it to fry
- After atleast 20 mins, the taro root(Seppenkizhangu) is roasted nicely and each piece will be separate and will not stick with the rest.
- The yummy taro root(Seppenkizhangu) roast is ready to serve with sambar or kuzhanbu varieties.
Note : If you want to make a fine roast, then you can cut the Taro Root into multiple pieces and follow the same procedure.
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)