Traditional Healthy Mix for Toddlers
Home made healthy mix is always good for the toddlers. The ingredients are rich in vitamins and minerals and hence healthier for the baby. Try this one and i bet the young ones love to eat this even if they are poor eaters.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and fry the ingredients one by one till each one becomes hot
- Take all the fried ingredients and grind it in a mixer or in a rice mill and make it to a nice powder
- After grinding, leave the powder to cool off before closing with a lid
- The yummy healthy mix is ready with wonderful aroma
- Take 1 teaspoon of healthy mix and add 1 cup of water and stir well with hand or ladle to avoid lumps.
- Soak the palm sugar in little water and extract the juice using a strainer and keep it aside
- Leave the above mixture for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, switch on the flame and keep the above mixture and stir continuously. Add water if needed.
- Make sure the healthy mix is cooked completely. Now add the palm sugar syrup and stir continuously till the porridge becomes semi-solid consistency
- Allow the porridge to cool off and feed the toddlers
- As mentioned in my earlier toddlers recipes, its always better to start with lesser quantity and find if this healthy mix suit the baby. Then we can increase the quantities little by little
- Though we can give rice, dal and vegetables from 8 months, it is always good to give healthy mix atleast once per day as it contains healthier ingredients