Noodles are favourite dish for all age groups especially for the kids. Even my 2 year old twin daughters are fond of maggie noodles. But i am not sure if maggie noodles are healthy as they and can consume frequently. So instead of using ready to make maggie noodles, i prefer to use the plain noodles and enrich with lots of vegetables to make it healthier. Vegetable Noodles are indeed very tasty and healthy.
My elder daughter always like to have hot piping vegetable noodles for her lunch on Sundays and also even for her lunch box she likes to have noodles.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Spring Onion||1 bunch|
|Soy Sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Chilli Sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cooking Oil||1 tablespoon|
Method to Cook Noodles:
- Add 2 cups of water to a sauce pan and add a teaspoon of cooking oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bring water to boil. Add plain noodles to the boiling water and keep the flame low and and gently stir using a fork and cook the noodles for 4 minutes. You can also see the back of the noodles cover to see the instructions for cooking the noodles. The oil that we are adding to the water makes the noodles cook fluffy and prevent them from sticking from each other. Make sure not to stir the noodles too much which will make the noodles to break. Make sure that the noodles are not over cooked. They should be little hard and fluffy but not too soft and sticky. Once the noodles are cooked, remove the sauce pan from flame and drain the excess water using a colander. Keep the colander under cold running water and wash it nicely so that the cooked noodles remain fluffy and not sticky.
Method to Concoct Vegetable Noodles:
- Make thin slices of onions and keep it aside. Peel the skin of carrots and slice it to thin pieces. In the same way finely slice and chop the capsicum and cabbage. Finely chop the spring onion leaves and keep it aside as this is only for garnishing. Heat a pan and add oil. When the oil is hot, add sliced onions and a pinch of salt and saute them till the onions turn transparent
- Then add the sliced vegetables and stir fry on a high flame for 4-5 minutes. The vegetables should be almost cooked but should not be too tender. They should be crispy. Next add, soy sauce and chilli sauce and stir fry again for a minute
- Then add the cooked noodles, salt and pepper powder and mix well using fork. We can use 2 forks or spoons to toss the noodles nicely so that it gets nicely mixed up with the cooked vegetables. Finally add vinegar and give a final toss and garnish with chopped spring onion leaves and remove from flame
- The scrumptious piping hot vegetable noodles are ready to serve with any sauce. Basically in Chinese restaurants, noodles are served with Manchurian sauce. We can also serve with simple tomato ketchup / sauce
(Visited 1,633 times, 2 visits today)