Vegetable Toast is an easy breakfast and lunch box dish. Especially kids will enjoy this yummy toast. We are adding many vegetables and making it healthier and tastier. When eaten hot, it will be crispy and more tasty.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||10 mins|
|Whole wheat bread||10 slices|
|Ginger||1 Inch piece|
|Coriander leaves||1 tablespoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 tablespoon|
|Tomato Ketchup*||2 tablespoon|
|Butter **||For frying|
* Tomato Ketchup is optional, we are using it as a bread spread. You can also substitute with Peanut Butter, mint chutney or homemade tomato chutney
** You can replace butter with oil if you are health conscious
- Wash and boil the potatoes and peel them and keep it ready. Finely chop onion, tomato and capsicum. Wash and peel the carrots and chop it finely. Chop ginger and coriander leaves finely. Now all out ingredients are ready. We will prepare the masala first. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions along with a pinch of salt and saute them well. Add ginger and saute it for a minute
- Add chopped tomato, carrot and capsicum pieces and stir fry in medium-high flame for 5-6 minutes and the vegetables would become tender by then. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well. Meanwhile mash the cooked potatoes and add coriander leaves and salt and mix well. Add the stir fried vegetables to the mashed potatoes and mix well
- Take a bread and add a teaspoon of tomato ketchup and spread it nicely with a bread spreadknife. Add a teaspoon of masala and spread it nicely till the edges. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the top
- Using a knife cut the bread diagonally to make 2 triangles. Now we are going to toast the vegetable masala bread in a tawa. Heat a tawa and add 1/4 teaspoon of butter and immediately place one triangle of bread on the butter.
- Again add little butter and add another piece of the triangle bread and allow the breads to toast in low flame till one side of the bread becomes toasted and crispy. Add little butter again and flip the breads to other side and toast it on the other side.
- Remove the toasted bread from tawa and repeat the same steps till the rest of masala
- The crispy vegetable toast is now ready to serve hot with tomato ketchup or any dipping.
- Our Vegetable toasts are now ready for lunchboxes!!! It is Fibrous dish and will keep you full for good few hours. It is rich in Carbohydrate and make sure that your kids lunch box contains some fresh seasonal fruits, vegetables along with the fresh juices to get good balanced lunch.
(Visited 1,060 times, 1 visits today)