- Veggie Molagutal is a famous kerala brahmin dish. This is a delicious recipe and can be used as a side dish for sambar or it can be mixed with hot rice. The taste is blend of vegitables and lentil. Some add coconut as well.
|Moon Dal/Thur Dal||1 Cup|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
- Pressure cook the Dal and smash it and keep it aside
- Finely chop all the vegetables and keep it aside
- Heat some oil in pan and add pepper and red chilli and fry till the pepper starts to sputter. Add these to the mixer
- Grind the above ingredients to a fine paste
- In the pan, add the chopped vegetables and add water and turmeric. Let the vegetables cook for sometime
- When the vegetables are half cooked, add the ground paste and required salt
- Let the mixture boils for sometime till all the vegetables are cooked completely
- Now add the smashed Dal and stir it well. When the molagutal starts to boil, remove from flame and pour it in a vessel
- In a separate pan, heat some oil and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to boil, add urdhal and fry until it turns to golden brown color
- Add the seasoned ingredients to the molagutal
- Now the delicious veggie molagutal is ready to serve with hot rice.
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)