Milagu Adai | Thirukarthigai Adai
Milagu Adai | Thirukarthigai Adai is an offering to God we make on the auspicious occasion of Thirukarthigai Deepam.
Servings: 4 Adai
- 1 Cup Raw Rice
- 1/4 Cup Whole Urad Dal
- 1/4 Cup Toor Dal (Pigeon pea)
- 1/4 Cup Split Bengal Gram (Channa Dal / Kadalaparuppu)
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- Salt As Needed
- a Pinch Asafoetida (Asafetida / Hing)
- 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
- Few Curry Leaves
Soak the rice with all the dhals in water for 2 hours to 3 hours.
Drain the rice and dhals and grind it in mixer to a coarse paste. The adai flour should not be very smooth. ransfer this to a bowl and mix the pepper salt, hing, curry leaves and grated coconut.
The consistency should be slightly thicker than our normal dosa batter.
Heat the thawa and pour 1 ladle of flour and spread evenly and cook the adai on both the sides till the adai is crisp
Serve the tasty adai along with Jaggery.
- If you make this on normal days, we can add onion.
- For Festivals, we need to use Raw Rice, for normal occasions, we can use parboiled rice
Serving: 1Adai | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g