Rava Sheera Recipe | Sooji Halwa Recipe
Rava Sheera, a special prasad (offering) made especially on SathyaNarayana Pooja on a Full MoonDay. Roasted Rava is cooked in milk and cooked with sugar and mushed banana and garnished with roasted cashews.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Cup Semolina (Sooji / Rava)
- 2.5 Cups Milk
- 1/4 Cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1.5 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Banana Thinly Sliced
- 1 tbsp Cashew
Add a teaspoon of ghee. Add sooji and roast till we get a nice aroma. Take this roasted sooji aside
Add a tablespoon of ghee and add cashews and roast till light brown. Add banana pieces and saute till it turns mushy. Take the cashews and mushy banana aside
Add boiled milk to the pan and bring it to boil. When the milk starts to boil, add roasted sooji and stir continuously.
The milk will get absorbed and sooji will get cooked. Add Sugar and stir well. This will dilute the mixture. Do not panic. Soon the mixture gets thicken up
Add cardamom powder, roasted cashews and mushy banana and stir well. Keep in low flame till the mixture becomes thick
Add 3 Tablespoon of ghee and stir well. When the ghee gets absorbed add another 2 tablespoon of ghee, keep in flame till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Switch off the flame
Delicious Rava Sheera ready to serve!
- When we add semolina to boiling milk, we need to stir continuously to avoid lumps
- Even if you buy roasted rava from store, we need to again roast it in ghee that will ensure rava to cook properly without becoming sticky
- Add saffron to get a nice natural color to the sheera
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g