Cucumber Raita | Cucumber Yogurt Dip
Cucumber Raita is a simple and easy dip / accompaniment to masala rice varieties and also to Roti (Indian flat bread). As this is no onion / no garlic recipe, this is also one of the common dish made during fasting season. It's creamy, cooling and tangy dip made using Yogurt and Cucumber as the key ingredients.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 100 grams Cucumber (1 medium size cucumber)
- 1 cup Curd (Plain Yogurt) fresh (1 cup - 250 ml)
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Salt adjust to your taste
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Mint Powder mint leaves are microwaved for a minute and then crushed to powder
Wash and peel the cucumber. Chop them into small pieces. You can also grate the cucumber.
In a bowl add the curd. Beat the curd till it's smooth
Now add the cucumber pieces to the curd
Add the green chili, salt, mint powder and roasted cumin powder and mix well
Garnish with Coriander Leaves / Mint leaves and serve.
- You can add the dry mint powder to the raitha to increase the flavor and taste.
- Replace the green chili with 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- You can grate the Cucumber instead of chopping them.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 7.1g | Fat: 6.2g | Saturated Fat: 3.8g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9.6g