Aviyal Kuzhambu, a mixed vegetable coconut curry is a very tasty and yummy kuzhambu.Serve this yummy Aviyal Kuzhambu with hot steaming rice!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Gooseberry Size Tamarind
- 3 Cups Mixed Veggies Carrot, Chow chow, Snake Gourd, Cucumber, Drumstick
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Few Curry Leaves For Garnishing
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Raw Rice
- 1/3 Cup Grated Coconut
- 3 Green Chili
- 3 Red Chili
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
Wash & Soak raw rice in water 10 mins. After 10 mins, drain the water from soaked rice. Add grated coconut, cumin seeds, green and red chili and grind everything to a smooth paste
First take all sliced veggies, add turmeric powder and water and cook the veggies till soft and tender
When the veggies are soft, add tamarind extract along with salt and boil for about 5 mins to get rid off the raw smell of the tamarind extract
After 5 mins, add the coconut spice paste and stir well. Adjust the consistency of the kuzhambu by adding water
Boil the Aviyal Kuzhambu for 2-3 minutes and then switch off the flame.
Garnish with Coconut oil and curry leaves
Serve the delicious Aviyal Kuzhambu with hot steaming rice.
- We can cook all the veggies for 2-3 whistles in pressure cooker and then add tamarind extract and coconut spice paste
- Generally we don't do tempering for Aviyal. So I skipped for Aviyal Kuzhambu too. But if you want, you can temper with mustard and curry leaves
- Coconut oil would be a perfect choice.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g