Sago Idli | Sabudana Idli | Javvarasi Idli
Sago Idli | Sabudana Idli | Jevvarasi Idli, a very scrumptious and a different variety of Idli for a wonderful breakfast.Sago Idli are very delicious and very soft. We can serve this sago idli with Sambar or any chutney.
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 Cup Javvarasi (Sago / Sabudana) 1 Cup - 250ml
- 1 Cup Idli Rava (Rice Rava)
- 2.5 Cups Curd (Plain Yogurt)
- 1 tbsp Grated Coconut Optional
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Salt As Needed
- 1 tbsp Cashews
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Green Chili Chopped
- Few Curry leaves
Take a Idli Rawa, Sago in a vessel and add salt to it. Add yoghurt to the sago and idli rawa and mix well. If the yoghurt is very thick, we can add 1.5 cups of thick curd and 1 cup of water and mix the batter well. We need to leave this batter to ferment for 8 hours. Better idea is to leave this batter overnight so that it could be ready the next morning. In the morning, Stir the batter to check if it needs more water.
Adjust the consistency of batter by adding water if needed. Add grated coconut and give a good stir.
Heat a pan and oil. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add it to the sago idli batter along with chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and baking soda and mix well
Grease the idli plates with oil and add roasted cashews and then add 1 full ladle of sago idli batter in the idli plate. Steam cook the sago idlis for 20- 25 mins.
Insert a knife to check if the sago idli is cooked completely. If the knife comes out clean, then the sago idli is cooked properly. Allow the idli plates to cool off for 2 minutes. Then using a wet knife, gently remove the idlis
The yummy Sago Idli | Sabudana Idli | Jevvarasi Idli is now ready to serve with Sambar / Chutney / Gun powder.
- We can add Grated Carrots to the batter and make it more healthier
- Cook the batter immediately after adding baking soda. If we keep the batter aside for long time, the batter will become so watery
- Sago Idli tastes so good with Sagu or Peanut Chutney or just with simple Idli Podi
Serving: 2Idli | Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g