Ammini Kozhukattai (Kara Ammini Kozhukattai)
Ammini Kozhukattai are the small dumplings (kozhukattai) made using the leftover dough that we use to make Kozhukattai. We usually prepare this on Ganesh Chathurthi as an offering to the god. We can toss it up with spices, coconut and other ingreditents to make it as per your liking. Very good for breakfast or evening tiffen and can be served with Coconut Chutney
Servings: 25 Ammini kozhukattai
- 1 Orange size Rice Flour Dough
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Green Chili
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (Asafetida / Hing)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
Take the left over Kozhukattai dough and add red chilli powder, hing and mix well. Make tiny balls out of the kozhukattai dough and keep it ready
Grease the idli plate and keep the ammini kozhukattai in a pressure cooker plate. Pressure cook the ammini(mini) kozhukattai for 5 mins.
Once cooked, remove from idli plate and keep it aside
Heat oil in pan, when the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add chopped green chillies, broken curry leaves and hing.
Add the cooked ammini(mini) kozhukattai and urdal pooranam(left over) and mix well and remove from flame.
Delicious Ammini kozhukattai is ready to serve.
- You can also add graded coconut in the last step and mix with kozhukattai
- Dry fry Red Chilis, Sesame seeds, Urad Dal and Channa Dal and make a powder out of it. You can add this powder and mix it with Kozhukattai.. It will taste awesome.
- If we have Idli podi at home, we can sprinkle a teaspoon of it for additional flavor
Serving: 10pcs | Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.8g | Protein: 0.7g | Fat: 1.7g | Sodium: 0.3mg | Potassium: 3.9mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Vitamin A: 7.8IU | Calcium: 1.5mg | Iron: 0.1mg