Onion Raita | Side dish for Biriyani, Pulao | Vengaya Thayir Pachadi
Onion Raita is a most common side dish for Biryani or Pulao. It's a mix of yogurt, chopped onion, green chili and finally topped with coriander leaves. Very simple and easy to make raita which helps to make the biryani/ pulao meal very devine.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 nos Onion medium size
- 1 cup Curd (Plain Yogurt)
- 1 nos Green Chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- ½ tsp Salt adjust to your taste
Peel the skin of the Onion and cut into two halves. Slice the onions into lengthwise
Take the curd in a bowl and whisk it nicely
Add Salt, chopped onions, green chili, coriander leaves and mix them well
Raita is ready to serve with Biryani / Pulao
- You can add chopped tomato and cucumber as well.
- Adding a pinch of chat masala is an option.
- Avoid using sour curd. Also use the thick curd.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.4g | Protein: 2.4g | Fat: 3.3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 10.6mg | Potassium: 67.9mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Vitamin A: 132IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 1141mg | Iron: 0.2mg