Curd Rice Recipe | Thayir Sadam Recipe
Curd rice is one of the healthy and favorite food for most of the kids and adults in Tamil nadu and South India. Especially during hot summer, a bowl of curd rice along with Mavadu or Lemon Pickle is a heavenly treat for our taste buds!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- ¼ Cup Milk Boiled & Cooled
- 1 Cup Curd (Plain Yogurt)
- ½ tsp Salt Adjust As Needed
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Split Urad Dal (Optional)
- 2 Green Chili chopped
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- a Pinch Asafoetida (Asafetida / Hing)
Let's start with Tempering
Pour the oil in the pan and add the mustard seeds, once the mustard seeds begins to sputter add the spilt urid daland fry till it becomes golden brown color.
Now add hing , chopped ginger and green chilli and fry for a while
To this add chopped curry leaves and fry for sometime. Remove the pan from the flame.
Let's start making the Curd Rice
Now add cooked rice and pour the milk and curd and mix the rice thoroughly.
Add salt according to your taste and give a good mix
Now the tasty Curd rice is ready to serve.
- For packing curd rice for travel, use more milk and less curd to prevent curd rice becoming sour. I would recommend to add milk fully and add only 1 tablespoon of curd.
- If we add milk and very little curd to hot rice the rice will not become much sour later when we eat.
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 6g